Next Meeting

Effective November 22, 2019, the St. Petersburg Writers Group is inactive. We hope meet again sometime in 2020.
Thank you for your interest.





Friday, November 14, 2008

FWA Conference 1st Day Thoughts

The first day is over for me. I couldn't stay for the completion of open-mic night. It was interesting, but I'm fighting a cold and retiring a bit early. The two presentations I attended were well done and interesting. I liked what I learned about writing scary stories, and found a wealth of information on marketing and promotion from Marcia Freespirit of Jimsaminc.

Feedback from others was also good, and attendance is the highest ever, so I sense a lot of joy from the organizers. A big thank you to them, as this was a monumental task.

My agent interview went well, too. I found if I could trim my novel, she'd be interested. Seeing as how it's not quite complete yet, that means I have less to write! But I recommend, if you have the chance, of talking to these types of people, if for no other reason than to get comfortable around them, realize they are just like you, and hopefully with additional face time they may get to know you. As I read on one site, one of the keys to success is Contacts! So don't be afraid to make them.

All for now,

John

No comments: