Next Meeting

Effective November 22, 2019, the St. Petersburg Writers Group is inactive. We hope meet again sometime in 2020.
Thank you for your interest.





Saturday, June 4, 2011

From Intention to Bookshelf - Janet Connor shares her soul

Janet Conner, author of Writing Down Your Soul, spoke on the realities of hard work required to get you from an idea for a book to having it published, on March 10. An engaging speaker, Ms. Conner shared how her own journey worked and was insightful and funny as well as touching on hardships.

One thing that struck a chord with me was how you can touch into an energy that can help you in your life. I know this may sound preachy, so I'm not going to go into it, other than to say you can check out her website for more information on her workshops.

I think the main thing is, keep a positive attitude and love what you are doing. You will hit bumps on the road and get gifts of help from unexpected sources. It reminds me of a saying I read in someone's office: If you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life.

How true!
Thanks and my apologies for getting these speaker reviews up so late. I will stay up to date now, I think!

No comments: