- Open your document and select File > Page Setup. The Page Setup dialog appears.
- Click the Layout Tab.
- Check "Different first page" and click OK.
- Click View > Header and Footer. The header at the top of page one of the file (your cover page) is labeled "First Page Header".
- On the Header and Footer toolbar, click Show Next. The cursor moves to the second page header, where the label is "Header."
- On the Header and Footer toolbar, click the Format Page Number Button.
- Click the "Start at" radio button and set the value to 0. Click OK.
"Ask Sam" is a weekly feature. If you have questions about using Windows (XP, Vista, or Windows 7) or Word (2003 or 2007), send e-mail to stfalco AT yahoo.com and I'll try to answer your questions here.