- Click File and Page Setup.
- Click the Layout tab.
- Click the Line Numbers button.
- Check the Add line numbering checkbox.
- Click OK to accept the default selection.
- Click OK to close the Page Layout dialog.
This is one of the rare instances where doing something in Word 2007 is easier than Word 2003. There are only three steps:
- Click the Page Layout Tab.
- Click Line Numbers.
- Select Restart Each Page.
"Ask Sam" is a weekly feature. I have several topics lined up but I can use suggestions. If you have questions about using Windows (XP, Vista, or Windows 7) or Word (2003 or 2007), send e-mail to stfalco AT yahoo.com and I'll try to answer your questions here.