Topic: One Page Critique
Moderator: Bria Burton
What to bring: A singe page of your novel, short story, or other writing (double-spaced, up to 250 words)
Who can participate: First-come first-serve, members and non-members
What will the critique look like:
- After the author reads their page, the critique will open up to the audience
- Audience will be encouraged to provide positive feedback and constructive criticism in combination
- Author will not be allowed to talk during the critique (a buzzer will be on hand--if the author talks, they will get buzzed)
- The critique will be timed for each author. At four minutes, the timer will announce that the critique is over and the next author will be allowed to read their First Page
Does everyone have to read?
- No. But the audience will be encouraged to provide feedback, even those who choose not to read their work to the group.